As we don’t charge membership fees to ensure the Choir is accessible to all and avoid placing additional monetary burden on people who may already be experiencing financial pressures due to the effects of their illness or treatment, we must rely on various forms of fundraising to realize the monies necessary to both meet our annual running costs and ensure we continue to develop and provide great opportunities for our members.
The more ambitious our plans become the greater our costs increase but to us no price can be put on the benefits our members derive from their involvement in Bolton Cancer Voices.
We appreciate that there are so very many equally worthy causes locally, nationally and internationally, all vying for attention and in need of support but we hope that you will be inspired by our story and be interested in being a part of our wonderful, exciting journey.
Here are some of the ways you can get involved:
• Join us
• Follow us – come to one of our concerts – details can be found on the ‘Forthcoming Events’ page / follow us on Facebook or YouTube / pass on our details to your contacts – personal and professional
• Send a donation
• Donate through Payroll Giving / Give As You Earn (GAYE)
• Nominate us to be the ‘Good Cause of the Year’ within your workplace or any organisation with whom you’re involved
• Purchase cards from our quality range of Christmas cards – a great way for us to promote the Choir and raise vital funds in to the bargain
• Remember us in your will
• Donations in lieu of flowers / memorial giving
• If you are a business / company – sponsor us / place an advert in our programme for ‘Jingle Bell Sing-A-Long’ / do an article on us for your in-house newsletter / display our promotional leaflet in your workplace / send our leaflets out in one of your mailshots
• Gifts In Kind – we’re always looking for quality items for raffle / tombola prizes: plus donated goods we can sell on eBay – anything from a Rembrandt to a Rolex; silver to slippers (-new!); toys to tools and everything I’ve failed to mention – we need it all, as long as it is not too heavy / bulky